Electricity for kids at Super Brainy Beans. Homework help with electricity, circuits conductors and insulators for Key Stage 1, Year 1 & 2 children.
What is electricity?
Electricity is an energy that can flow from one place to another. There are two ways we get electricity in our homes. One is from the mains and the other is from batteries.
All about electricity and how to use it safely.
Help Molly by choosing the items that use mains electricity.
Mains electricity comes from the sockets we have dotted around our house. We plug devices in to the sockets to give them electricity and make them work. The things that you may have around your house that use main electricity are:
- Washing Machines
- Vacuum cleaners
Electricity can be stored in batteries. This means that devices can work without having to be plugged into the wall. It also means that devices can be portable. The things that you may have around your house that use batteries are:
- Remote controls
- Mobile Phones
Being safe around electricity
Electricity is very dangerous, and it’s important to know how to stay safe around it. Follow the following rules and you can stay save around your home.
- NEVER put anything in electrical wall sockets. This is REALLY dangerous. Only sockets belong here, but remember to ask an adult for help when plugging or unplugging devices.
- Keep all wires tucked out the way. They can be dangerous if you were to trip on them.
- Water and electricity doesn’t mix and they should NEVER come in contact with each other.
- Always dry your hands well when you’ve washed them before switching the light off.
- NEVER have drinks near electrical devices just in case they spill.
- NEVER use anything electronic in the bathroom.
Find out how we use electricity and keeping safe.
Find the hidden dangers where Sofia, Alex and Tyler live.
Can you imagine life without electicity? See if you can spot the dangers of electricity.
Find out how we use electricity and keeping safe with these videos.
Watch videos on circuits.
Conductors and insulators
Watch videos on conductors.
Take the quiz and test your knowledge on conductors and insulators.