Pancake Day celebrations and why we celebrate it and how did it start. Recipes for kids in Primary school. Homework help at Super Brainy Beans.
How to make pancakes
You will need:
- 165g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 300ml milk
- 113ml water
- 75g butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 lemon
- Put the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix lightly with an electric whisker, and then make a dip in the centre of the flour.
- Break the eggs into a small bowl then pour this into the middle of the flour.
- Mix them together with the whisk.
- Pour the milk and water into the same jug.
- Slowly add the milk and water mixture to the flour and eggs while stirring at the same time. Don’t worry about the lumps they will eventually disappear the more you whisk it.
- Now heat a frying pan until it gets really hot. – Please get an adult to help you with this bit.
- Melt a little butter in the frying pan and move the pan side to side so that it goes all over the base of the frying pan.
- Pour some of the mix into the frying pan and move the pan to spread it around. The mixture should just cover the frying pan and not be too thick.
- After about half a minute, lift the edge of the pancake with a spatula to see if it’s a golden brown colour.
- If it’s ready flip the pancake over with the spatula.
- Cook the other side for a slightly shorter time and place it on a plate when done.
- Finish by sprinkling sugar and squeezing some lemon on top.
You can add other toppings to your pancake. Try some of these:
- Chopped banana & ice cream.
- Nutella & coconut
- Strawberries & cream
Send us your combinations and photos and we’ll display them here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pancake Day games
Cook some unusual pancakes with sweet flavor that combines syrupy tastes with fresh fruits.
Cook some delicious pancakes up with this fun cooking game!
Pancake Day crafts
Fun, quick and easy Pancake Day crafts for kids, suitable for home or classroom, solo crafting session or group!
Toy cookers and pancakes to make, songs to sing, games to play and a lovely ‘Pancake Toppings’ free printables.