Reading Year 5 & 6
Reading Year 5 & 6 KS2. Support for reading in Year 5 & 6. Primary homework help with learning to read and comprehension at Primary School.
Pick a level
It's important to keep reading as it builds your vocabulary. Here are some reading tips to make sure you are getting the most out of your reading.
- Read a wide range of fiction, poetry, plays, non-fiction and reference books or textbooks.
- Get familiar with myths, legends, traditional stories, modern fiction and books from other cultures.
- What books do you recommend? Can you explain why to someone else?
- Have a go at reading poems out loud. Think about the tone of the poem.
- Can you explain the book to someone else?
- See if you can predict what may happen from what you have read so far.
- Discuss books that you and your friend have read.
Books to read
There is a huge range of fantastic books for 9-11 year olds. Take a look at the links below for suggested ideas.